MINT rebelled against industry norms and challenged the status quo by not allowing media to photograph or film inside the hotel until opening day and by slowly revealing information at key milestones, we built excitement and had media clamoring to capture the first look.
MINT curated the hotel’s official opening with a major media call in the lead up to the Australian Open and invited Melbourne Mayor Sally Capp, securing all major TV networks.
- Total audience reach: 3,857,262
- Total clippings: 101
- ASR: $479,071
- Media share of voice increased from 6.72% (Nov 20) to 71.35% (Feb 21) when benchmarked against 10 competitor hotels
- 88% of revenue to the website was driven from organic and direct channels in February
- All F&B venues were fully booked opening weekend
- 14 media famils in opening month